Friday, February 15, 2019

more Valentine art...

finished up two more pieces of Valentine art.  This beaded piece started with a scrap of wrapping paper with a dragonfly image that I loved but didn't know what I wanted to use it for.  I glued the wrapping paper to card stock and die cut the heart shape.  Using Modge Podge, I added more paper scraps and an old stamp for a collage look.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere misc. beads and findings from my embellishments stash.  One of these days I will organize all of my embellishments, beads, findings, etc.  Right now they all reside in a storage box with no organization whatsoever.  I'll admit sometimes it's fun to rummage through the box and discover new bits and bobs that I didn't know I had.  But some organization would be helpful though.  In any case it was fun putting this together. 



As I was rummaging through the said embellishment box I discovered misc alphabet letters from sticker sets over the years.  Really cool dimensional metal alphabet letters, a few scrabble tiles, round sticker letters of an "a" and "h" (really? why did I save these two letters?) and a cloth brad style button ampersand.  
So I decided to make another Valentine piece (a nod to my love of calligraphy) with some scrap writing paper and these various alphabet letters.  The "a" and "h" round stickers were a cranberry color so I decided to color the other pieces to match (or a close match) using Alcohol Inks.  This worked well with the metal letters since they were silver.  
Also colored an old pen nib and added it to the piece.  A small white feather (also from the box) finished off the piece.   


Both pieces were adhered to paper from my paper stash and set in black frames (without glass). 

I really enjoyed putting these Valentine pieces together.  Hope these projects inspire you to create something with found items from your studio.  Or perhaps just enjoy exploring storage boxes :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment