Thursday, June 6, 2013

summer dreams...

our dreary weather lately sure has me craving for some sun and warm temps.  So I decided to take a break from my gardening work and retreat to the studio to see if I could infuse some summer into my day with some summer themed cards.
First I went through all my paper scraps and picked ones that make me think of summer.  I also grabbed some rubber stamps with a tropical/nautical theme. I rummaged thru many art supplies and picked out a few I haven't used in quite awhile: vellum paper, eyelets, and my crop-o-dile tool (for setting the eyelets).

I stamped the beach scene stamp on vellum using Archival black ink.  Then I turned it over and colored in the image using copic markers.
The copic markers flowed over the vellum paper and gave it a watercolored look (kinda hard to see in the photo).  Using eyelets, I adhered the vellum piece to a white piece of cardstock (which really made the image stand out) and then on colored cardstock and finally glued to a folded card base.
added some lettering and the card is finished.  I did the same thing with a lighthouse rubber stamp.
When coloring the sky I left blank areas as clouds. Everything was colored in on the back of the vellum.
I used eyelets and layered this image onto cardstock and then onto a folded card. 
So even though it's cool, cloudy (and starting to rain again) I have a bit of the tropics in my studio.  And I know a few people who will appreciate getting these summer inspired cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment