Monday, March 5, 2018

a new year and more alcohol inked tiles!

As I brushed off the dust of this art blog I find it's almost a year to the day from my last post. And lo and behold it's the same thing...alcohol inked tiles!  Too funny. 

This is a tile I created last year but I added some Zentangle-ish designs with a Micron pen. I really liked how it turned out. It is a 4 x 4 inch ceramic tile purchased at a hardware store.


 
 
This one is a glass tile - approx. 5-3/4 x 3 inches.  You can also find this tile at hardware stores in the tile department. It started out as a clear glass tile and I kept adding different blue inks till I was satisfied with the results.  I used a white zig pen to add white highlights the tile had dried.  Still not sure how to display this.  Would be great to have some type of band around the tile to hang in a window.  Need to give that some thought.
 

I like the fun, bright colors of this tile.  Unsure if I want to add a word or quote, or an embellishment. I'll let this sit around an percolate for awhile (but hopefully not for a year!)



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment