Tuesday, February 10, 2015

happiness jar

Life isn't just one moment...it's a journey of a thousand of moments, some good and some bad. I don't know about you but sometimes I tend to focus on (without really realizing it) the bad moments that have made such an impact (sometimes a huge crater of an impact) on my life. 
So in an effort to focus on all of the good things/blessings (big and small) I created the 2015 Happiness Jar.


I didn't come up with this idea but loved it so much I had to make one for my own.  Thanks to Laura P. for the inspiration!

Throughout the year if something good happens or makes me smile I'll write that on a slip of paper and put it in the jar.  It could be something small like listening to my cat purr, or bigger things like seeing my beautiful niece dance on stage or hit a home run in a softball game.

Next New Year's Eve I'll empty the jar and read all of the papers.   I think it would be nice to start off the new year by remembering the good stuff... and as you can see I already have some paper in the jar!

However your year has started I hope you find time to find the little joys in life and remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment