Sunday, March 3, 2013

Altered Note Dispenser

I received this pop-up note dispenser as a door prize at my calligraphy/art guild meeting.  I knew I had to alter this item to make it more "me".  In my haste to start I forgot to take a "before" photo so I included the original box in this photo.  Made by 3M, this note dispenser was a black purse.  It measures about 5" x 5" x 2" in size. 
I wanted an aged copper look.  First I grabbed alcohol inks (my fav) and used gold to lighten up the piece overall.  Next I applied copper alcohol ink.  After that I sponged an acrylic paint (patina color) over some parts of the piece.  The leaves are polymer clay and leftovers from a project years ago ( I love leaf themed anything - and I'm so glad I saved these pieces).  I glued the leaves (and all other embellishments) using Glossy Accents.  The "K" scrabble tile is actually from a scrabble set (picked up in a rummage sale) but the smaller tiles are wooden stickers.  I could have left them out and still used the piece as a post-it-note dispenser...but I liked the "couture" idea and the stickers were a perfect fit.  Now the piece is an objet d'art for my studio.  So do you think I should show this to 3M?  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Yes you should show 3m. I haven't seen this purse before, got to go look for it

    ReplyDelete